Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Blue Ceiling



I love this formal entryway (designed by Turner Davis Interiors).  My favorite part is the unexpected blue ceiling-- it provides an interesting injection of color into an otherwise neutral space.   The trim is also stunning.



Want to try this at home?  Here are some nice cool blues that I've had great experience with...

Benjamin Moore "Iceberg"


Sherwin Williams "Topsail" SW6217


Farrow & Ball "Borrowed Light"
(which is much lighter and calmer than this sample suggests)


Martha Stewart "Salt Glaze"
(my sister used this color on the ceiling of her nursery... it's very subtle and perfectly bright)



....


 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Boo Hazard said...

I love the blue ceiling, I did it in 2 rooms of my house and I love it!! I did Benjamin Moores Aviary Blue. I think it looks best in homes with high ceilings (mine are 12') The blue is so calming I love it! -Boo

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That "borrowed light" color is looks stunning on my monitor.

Shannon said...

I love a blue ceiling and tried it myself in my library...using Ben Moore "Glass Slipper" -- beautiful color with an almost "sparkle" to it.

Jennifer said...

Our bedroom ceiling is blue - I love it! It is BM Wedgewood Gray mixed at 50%.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...